If you have wanted to know what are some of the best alternative treatments for cancer, read the article below.
Cancer is a complex set of factors in our lives and bodies that combine to overpower the immune system and create a multi-faceted disease.
Goal of Complementary Cancer Therapies
* Provide more effective and targeted cancer treatments that leave surrounding healthy tissue unharmed.
* Utilize other cancer-killing agents and thereby decrease dependency upon chemo drugs
* Help the body detoxify
* Provide nutrition to a depleted body
* Nurture and strengthen the immune system
Scientists at the National Cancer Institute, for example, have found evidence that some plant-based compounds (phytochemicals) can inhibit or eliminate cancer stem cells which are increasingly viewed as the driving force behind relapse and chemotherapy resistance in prostate and other cancers. Many researchers now believe that the cancer stem cells often survive initial treatment and act like “evil seeds” that regrow new, more treatment-resistant progeny cells.
It takes more than just chemotherapy to target cancer in all its facets.
Common Complementary Cancer Therapies Used in Integrative Oncology
1) Poly-MVA®: lipoic acid is uniquely bound to Palladium (LAPd), and combined with minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. Many doctors like to use it because it provides so many benefits and has no side effects. It is highly selective for malignant tissue. It influences oxygen, water, and electrical inputs to the malignancy. It reduces tumor size, supports the liver in removing spent chemo agents from the body, invigorates normal cells, and helps to repair any damage invasive cancers may have left behind. Its enzymatic complex of polynucleotide reductase assists in correcting malfunctional nucleic acids in the DNA of genes. In June of 2008, Poly-MVA became the first dietary supplement to be cleared by the FDA for use in a cancer study. It is believed that this study will likely lead to the use of Poly-MVA in conventional cancer treatments.
2) High-dose Vitamin C: intravenous vitamin C treatments for cancer have proven to be highly effective at killing cancer cells. The body can only assimilate a limited amount of vitamin C when taken orally. But therapeutic doses can be given intravenously. Vitamin C therapy also helps tamp down infections which are common to the make up of people with cancer.
3) UV Therapy: Ultraviolet Therapy is a time-honored medical procedure where a portion of a patient’s blood is withdrawn, exposed to sanitizing ultraviolet light, and then reintroduced to the patient’s body. Some of its effects are:
-Improved circulation and oxygenation of tissues
-Stimulation of the immune system
-Increased tolerance of the body to chemotherapy and radiation
-Powerful anti-infection properties
4) Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): oxygen is carried by red blood cells, but there is a limit to how much oxygen the cells can carry. In a hyperbaric chamber, pure oxygen is delivered under pressure, which has the effect of dissolving oxygen into the plasma – delivering as much as 10 times more oxygen and reaching further into the tissues. That provides fuel for healing and re-growth. Oxygen is also the enemy of cancer which prefers an oxygen-free environment.
5) Epigenetics and Gene Therapy: methods to reprogram the cancer cell to accept a “death” switch. Cancer cells have a birth switch and a life switch, but no death switch.
6) Enzymatic Therapy: embryologist Dr. John Beard proposed in 1906 that pancreatic proteolytic digestive enzymes represent the body’s main defense against cancer, and that enzyme therapy would be useful as a treatment for all types of cancer. Today, Dr. Nicholas Gonzales in New York has done the most to document the success of enzymes in creating cases of exceptional survival and in many cases evidence of tumor reduction. Enzymes are natural proteins that stimulate and accelerate many biological reactions in the body. Certain enzymes break down the protective coating of cancer cells making them more susceptible for white blood cells to identify and attack them.
7) IV Chelation: toxic chemicals and heavy metals cause cancer and potentiate other carcinogens. EDTA is a highly effective way to eliminate excessive heavy metals that serve as cancer’s shield and lower the metals content from tissues and organs. Heavy metals include: aluminum, barium, cadmium, mercury, nickel, platinum, thallium, tungsten, uranium, creatinine, cobalt and lead, among many others. In addition to heavy metals, EDTA also removes wanted nutritional elements such as excessive free iron, which promotes cancer by catalyzing free radical pathology. Most cancer cells have a strong affinity for iron. Removal of excessive iron is a vital factor of many anti-cancer therapies. When heavy metals are contained in the body, they cause a number of symptoms, not the least of which is they assist in cancer’s growth and provide a nice home for cancer cells.
8 ) Oncothermia and Hyperthermia: Oncothermia utilizes heat as a means of therapy, a fundamental practice that has been in use for centuries. Heat can cause considerable damage to living cells, hence the body can only survive for a short time in temperatures in excess of 42°C. However, the destructive force of heat, when applied skillfully, can help to treat cancer. Malignant tumors can be controlled or even recede as a result of targeted oncothermia.
9) IPT / HT: Chemo drugs are not the only subtances that can be combined with insulin to make for a more effective delivery. When IPT was first used, it was a combination of antibiotics with insulin. Homeopathic formulas can be delivered more effectively with insulin. Custom made homeopathic medicines are designed to to reach deeply into the body to release and remove toxins, and stimulate the natural repair and regrowth process. In IPT/HT, natural homeopathic medications are used in place of chemotherapy drugs. Whereas drugs force the body to do something that it’s not naturally doing, homeopathic remedies always work with nature to stimulate natural healing processes and have no side effects.
10) Oxygenation, Ozonation, Ozone Therapy: Ozone therapy is a unique form of therapy that both heals and detoxifies at the same time. Cancer cells can thrive and grow only in an oxygen-poor environment. Insulin Potentiated Oxidative Therapy (IPOT) uses mega doses of vitamin C and various forms of oxygen to increase oxygen levels and to create oxidative stress in and around cancer cells. It is a safe and a natural alternative to using IPTLD.
11) IPT: Insulin Potentiation Therapy, also known as Insulin Potentiation Targeted LowDose Therapy (IPTLD). It is a fractionated low-dose chemotherapy that utilizes insulin as a biologic response modifier to target just the cancer cells and not the immune system or vital body organs. When chemotherapy is called for, IPTLD allows the chemotherapy to be targeted directly into the cancer cells reducing the size of the tumors, stopping their growth, and the likelihood of spreading. This enhances the healing process. The patient does not experience any of the side-effects associated with standard chemotherapy such as: hair loss, nausea, vomiting, weakness and fatigue that lead to the debilitating loss of hope. Nor does it break down the immune system’s abililty to protect against other infections common to the traditional chemotherapy protocols. Most importantly, it is a powerful treatment that also preserves the quality of a patient’s life providing hope for healing.
For more info: bestanswerforcancer.org/complementary-therapies/